11 March 2012

To be warm

Sadly, we don't live in Thailand. In our climate, after winter is gone, we still have to wait for the spring to come. Sometimes a month, sometimes even more.
So hats and scarves are pretty relevant, as before.
And they are very, very good objects for crochet.
My initial idea was to make a scarf based on this pattern (later I found out that this is a variation of a quite common stitch, one of its names is Catherine Wheel. Another tutorial on it you can find here)
But then I changed my mind and decided to stick with plain shell stitch, which is simple and gorgeous:


























I used my grandmother's bulky yarn for this project. Unfortunately, there were only 2 skeins, so the scarf came out not as long as I wanted. Alas! You can't buy yarn that is equivalent to the one which is at least 20 years old.

Scarf was fast in the making, and looks nice. Although I haven't yet figured out how to wear it properly...

That's all about scarves for today. But, as you remember, this post is about hats, too :)

I'm really proud of myself as a pattern designer, and of my Pompom-Earflaps-Braids-Tassels Beanie :)
I will wait for the spring wearing it.




No comments:

Post a Comment